CTE Culinary Instructor
CTE Culinary Instructor
Reports To: School Principal
FLSA Classification: Independent Contractor
Salary: $125 per class
Date Updated: September 2023
Position starts in mid-December ‘23
The Culinary Instructor will supervise and instruct students in the assigned area of career training and career development; to teach students entry-level employment skills for a career in the culinary field.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Adherence to Lesson Plans:
- Deliver engaging culinary lessons based on established curriculum and recipes, ensuring alignment with learning objectives and program standards.
Flavor Profiling Development:
- Foster students' understanding of flavor profiles through systematic instruction, allowing them to enhance their palate and create harmonious culinary creations.
Precision Knife Skills Cultivation:
- Instruct and guide students in the refinement of precise knife skills, emphasizing safety, accuracy, and efficiency in food preparation techniques.
Meticulous Workspace Preparation:
- Organize and set up the culinary workspace with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring all necessary ingredients, tools, and equipment is readily available for seamless instructional sessions.
Supervision of Clean-Up Activities:
- Facilitate student participation in end-of-day clean-up routines, promoting a culture of responsibility and maintaining a hygienic and organized learning environment.
Efficient Grocery Management:
- Strategically manage grocery shopping based on provided lists and class size, utilizing allocated gift cards from Hanna Academy, to guarantee optimal ingredient availability for instructional purposes.
Guidance in End of The Quarter Brunch/Luncheon
- Lead and support kitchen operations during the culmination of each quarter with end-of-quarter brunch/lunch events, showcasing students' culinary achievements to stakeholders.
- Communicate with relevant personnel regarding student performance and progress.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
- Integrate academics and CTE standards.
- Ability to organize environment and instruction to facilitate learning as well as flexibility to adapt to school and student needs.
- Write lesson plans and develop projects for individual and group instruction.
- Ability to use diverse teaching strategies to meet students' learning styles, abilities, interests and cultural backgrounds.
- Follow high school and CTE procedures.
- Punctual and reliable
- Collaborative work ethic
- Strong professional ethics
- Provide support with maintaining school records and ordering supplies and equipment
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Classroom/Kitchen supervision
- Extracurricular activities
- Children and youth supervision
- Technical Competencies:
- Student team planning
- Inventory management
- Google applications (Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail)
- High School diploma required. AA or BA degree is desirable.
- Applicant must hold a valid CTE credential in Hospitality, Tourism or Recreation industry with emphasis in Food Service and Hospitality or a Valid Home Economics credential or ability to qualify for the CTE credential as noted below:
- For candidates without an existing CTE or Home Economics teaching credential:
- You must have a minimum of three years of recent, verifiable work experience in the Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation industry with emphasis in Food Service and Hospitality. This experience may qualify you for a Preliminary California Designated Subjects Teaching Credential authorizing service in Food Service & Hospitality.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. (occasionally)
- Required to bend, squat, stoop, and walk stairs
- Clear background check, pre-employment drug screening, and TB test
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Hanna Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $125.00 per day
Ability to commute/relocate:
Sonoma, CA 95476: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person