Reports To: School Principal
Salary: $21.50-$24.00 per hour based on experience
Date Updated: June 2023
The Instructional Aide shall provide ongoing support in the classrooms and/or to individual students and shall provide instruction and supervision under the direction of the principal and/or teacher. The Instructional Assistant shall serve as a short-term relief substitute for teachers and/or administrators and shall supervise students during transitional periods. Additionally, the Instructional Assistant shall provide support with extracurricular activities and shall assist students with properly using classroom equipment and computers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Administer and correct lessons and/or tests as assigned
- Support students with assignments in 1:1 and group settings
- Assist teachers with conducting lessons and miscellaneous classroom activities
- Communicate with relevant personnel regarding student performance and progress
- Participate in student team planning meetings and weekly teacher in-service training
- Provide support with extracurricular activities and supervise students during transitional periods
- Provide support with maintaining school records and ordering classroom supplies and equipment
- Punctual and reliable
- Collaborative work ethic
- Strong professional ethics
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Classroom supervision
- Extracurricular activities
- Children and youth supervision
- Student team planning
- Inventory management
- Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) is required. Spanish speaking candidates will receive a stipend for their services
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. (occasionally)
- Required to bend, squat, stoop, and walk stairs
- Clear background check, pre-employment drug screening, and TB test
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Hanna Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.